Thursday, November 15, 2012

Month of Gratitude - Day 15

I am grateful for Girl Scouts!  A year ago my friend, Trisha, and I decided to start a troop, and what a blessing it has been!  The troop and organization has provided Liv with an environment to grow in so many ways.  She has broken out of her shy shell because of the friends she has made in her troop.  She is still quiet but definitely more comfortable to give an opinion.  It has also given her the opportunity to try all sorts of new things.  She has taken a pottery class, become more comfortable with a camera, learned to play new games, and even made her own pajama pants!  I am also grateful that I get to spend this extra time with her... to be able to watch as she grows and participate in events with her!  I believe we have become good friends because of our time doing Girl Scout activities together!  I am also grateful for the friends that I have made because of Girl Scouts!  What a great thing to be a part of!

2 comments:

Laura Joy and Quinton said...

I miss girl scouts! I have Young Women now to keep me occupied till Analisa is older :)

tami and todd said...

It is super fun! Thanks for getting me interested over a decade ago :)