Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Named

This was a book I happened upon by chance... not knowing what to read next I walked by a book called The Dark on a stand at the library. Reading about it got me interested, but then I found out it was the second book in a trilogy. So I looked up the first book, The Named by Marianne Curley, and really enjoyed it. It's not the best writing, but the story's uniqueness kept me hooked. Then the last quarter of the book became very suspenseful and quite the page turner. So now I'm hooked and have already started the second book! I don't know how to tell you about the story without giving anything away since there are a lot of twists and turns... so I'll sum it up like this: As the Goddess of Chaos strives for disorder by altering the past in order to have complete dominance of all worlds the Guardians of Time with their special gifts come together to thwart her attempts. A prophecy is given, a traitor is discovered, nine are revealed, time travelers will meet in battle, and destinies will come together! Good stuff :)

No comments: