Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Toquer Falls

I'm trying to get back into the blogging world, I've missed it.  It's a real nice way to journal what my family is up to, so thank you to those that have been patient with me and have still stopped by the blog!  This last weekend we went for a "Sunday drive" to our local Toquer Falls!  I've recently learned that Todd's Grandpa Young used to take his kids for Sunday drives, sometimes with no destination in mind!  So when big Gary suggests a Sunday drive I love to grab the opportunity to make memories!  Our little outing to the falls was more fun then we anticipated, not that we didn't anticipate fun... just that it was really really fun!  At first the kids were incredibly cautious, especially when walking across the top of the falls.  But by the end Gary boy forgot all danger and often was caught suddenly off guard when waist deep in rushing water (thank heavens there were four of us adults to keep an eye on him).  Even Liv was more daring!  I had left my water bottle at the top of the falls, so Todd climbed up then sent it down the falls to me.  Soon that became a game... The kids or Todd would throw the bottle up the falls and then the kids would rush to try to catch it as the current carried it towards the next fall!  It was a hoot!  Probably more action then should be have on a Sunday, but it was still incredible fun and a great bonding experience for all of us!
By the way, you may have noticed the band-aid on the back of Gary-boy's head... I actually put that picture in on purpose, because on Saturday he gave us quite the scare!  He was "helping" me clean the bathroom.  I turned to my back to him to rinse soap off the walls of the tub when he slipped off his stool and hit his head on the knob of a draw.  I picked him up to console him when I saw in the reflection of the mirror that his head was gushing blood.  Eventually we got the bleeding to stop, gave him a buzz cut around the wound and placed a band-aid.  Isn't that just how it is... right before special events (my dad's wedding and family pictures) we have to give him a silly haircut and bandage him up!  I'm just grateful he wasn't hurt worse!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Tami, it so good to see a post from you! We love doing spontaneous Sunday drives too. In fact, we do them so often, I think I need to leave rations in the trunk just in case!

It looks like you had so much fun at the falls. Did you plan that picture on purpose where the guy looks like he's holding the girl in his hand. So clever!

Sorry about Gary's head! Kids' timing can be frustrating sometimes. Hopefully it heals soon! :)