Monday, February 15, 2010

Gary's 4th Birthday

This party was a lot of fun to plan and put on. But I must say that I couldn't have done it without all the help I got from family. My dad, Linda, the boys, & Amber came down and made a world of difference. Linda and Dad helped prepare food, Nate and Amber wrapped presents for us and cut food, and Aaron spent the day cutting out most of the decoration stuff for the cars! The awesome race track was thanks to Gary and Todd. I have the coolest father-in-law! So the party started with Gary blowing out his candles and then letting guests help themselves to a dessert buffet, yum! Then we divided the kids into five teams, then they were given the task of decorating their cars. I had painted cardboard boxes beforehand, so all they had to do was personalize their "car" with letters, numbers, flames, stars, dots, etc. I was very impressed with what they did. While everything glued into place we let the kids whack open a car pinata (Gary said this was his favorite part of the party). Then Gary boy unwrapped his presents, he was showered with toys, thanks everyone! Unfortunately it had decided to start pouring rain right before the party started, so we kept hoping it'd let up... but it didn't. Luckily, that didn't stop most of the kids, they were still game to run the race track! Gpa Gary shortened the track a bit, but all the fun stuff was still part of the track. So the kids took turns racing about, smiling all the while! I think everyone had a blast, but especially Gary boy! Happy Birthday Sweet boy, I can't believe it's been four years!


1 comment:

Dean and Rachel said...

Seriously so fun for a 4 year old boy! Way to go super mom!!!