Monday, February 22, 2010

Ice Skating 101

Last Wednesday Gary and Karlene treated us to ice skating. St. George recently put up a temporary rink to see how it was received. As far as I can tell it's a hit, because it was very busy! I had no idea how the kids would take to this idea, so earlier in the day I showed them some of the Olympic Figure Skaters which I think got them excited. At first they were hesitant, but they surprised by taking to the ice quickly! Liv ended up wanting to teach herself by pushing a large bucket around. It was too cute! When we were about ready to go I took her off the ice (just her and I had been skating around) and told her Daddy & I were going once more... she was fine with that, grabbed the bucket, and headed onto the ice by herself. Totally took me by surprise since she's my cautious little one! Gary didn't like the bucket as much, but he thoroughly enjoyed going around with someone else. When Todd and I took him around he got so brave that he started jumping... if only he realized that if it weren't for Mom and Dad hanging on... The night was, as Gary boy kept saying, "Awesome!"

3 comments:

larry said...

good times = good memories
Thanks for the incredible thank you cards....Love you all

Laura Joy and Quinton said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm surprised by Liv's bravery! What a fun time! My family went for New Years, and Eden wanted nothing to do with the ice. There was no talking her into it. I love ice skating!

vartika said...

Hey..was just browsing when I happened to check your blog..its adorable and I sure will be following the blog :)