Monday, July 11, 2011

Independence Day

I know, I'm a week behind, but oh well! Here's what we did on independence day...
I'm a mean mom, I haven't taken my kids to see an areal firework show until now. I grew up going to firework shows and they
just got boring. May seem hard to believe but they did. So I didn't have much ambition to want to keep my kids up late and deal with grumpy attitudes the next day for fireworks on independence day or
pioneer day. BUT while we were in Salt Lake last time the West Fest was going on in West Valley. Well, you can see those fireworks from my dad's deck. Since Liv hadn't gone to sleep yet anyways I took her out
back so she could see what was making all the noise. Well, she was in Awe! It was in that moment that I realized that I had been depriving my kiddos of a great tradition. So I was set in taking them to a firework show this year & it was totally worth keeping them up late for! Lying next to Liv and listening to her "oo" and "ah" over all the "sparkles" was priceless! I love experiencing
joy through my kids, and rediscovering the magic in things! Plus, I have found a new challenge... getting a great shot of areal fireworks! I love taking pictures of fireworks but I wasn't very good at taking areal pictures (although the first firework shot I like cause it reminds me of dandelion fluff!) So now I'm challenged and fireworks have lost their boringness!

No comments: