Monday, October 6, 2008

Proud of My Aggies

Last Friday I took the kiddos to the BYU/Utah State football game.  For as long as I can remember my dad has bought our family season tickets, we've sat through all sorts of weather to cheer on our underdogs!  Since I married a Young who believe he must be a BYU fan since it's in our name (whatever ;)) I realize I need to give my kids the opportunity to enjoy some Montgomery tradition by watching the Aggies play!  It turned out to be a great game.  Of course, the Y dominated the first half, but the Aggies rallied during the second half scoring 14 points!  We were so excited!  The final score was 34 to 14 for the Y, but the Aggies fans, at least our bunch, left with their heads high feeling proud!  I remember one BYU fan saying "I can't believe how loud they got!"  It's true, as fans of the underdog we are so elated just to see our team  do well and score against a ranked 7 team!  Very exciting!  It was what I hoped for... I knew that there was a minuscule chance of winning, but I was hoping for a good game & I got one!!   
p.s. the kids enjoyed the game well enough!  They sat through the whole game without complaint or impatience!  By the fourth quarter Gary boy was tired and didn't like all the noise, so he sat on my lap covered by my coat.  I still stood and cheered, but the sweet kid just kept himself happy fighting bad guys under his "noise shield"!  Good kids!

5 comments:

Heather said...

No fair! I totally wanted to go to that game :\ Oh, well, not to worry, we're going to the BYU/TCU game next week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami, good pics from the game. Only one problem though, ONLY ONE HAS ME IN IT!!!!! :D Just kidding. Dont worry the Ags will win sometime

Chellie said...

yay! go Aggies!!! I love Logan - whenever I go up there (except in the winter), I really do miss it. I spent so many years living in Logan.

Looks like tons of fun!!!

Wardles said...

I loved watching that game on TV... I have to say, I was proud of what my Aggies did!

Suzanne said...

Go Utah State!!! It's great to find a fellow Aggie! :)