Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Little Turkeys

I have found a new love... doing arts and crafts with the kids!  I have really struggled with how to occupy my kids time so that they aren't just watching tv (even though the cartoons amaze me with how much the can teach these days).  One day I discovered the Family Fun magazine at the library, and my world has changed!  I know, I'm a little slow... duh, crafts with the kids is a great past/present time.  But, if you know me, I have a hard time letting the kids get into messy stuff, so I guess for a long time I was just waiting for an appropriate age... when they could follow instructions and not get the supplies all over the house.  Well, we have come of age!  I am loving it!  And it is so sweet to see how proud they are of their creations!  Ah, I love being a mom!  Plus, don't you love their "concentrating" faces!  Gary's is the best cause he'll get really close with his eyes to the project, like he has to see every detail... or he'll stick out his tongue, all sorts of cuteness!  These turkeys went in our window, and the kids love to point them out so no one misses out!  Sweet!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I have a hard time with messy stuff too. I can't think of how many times I've banned markers from the house! Those look like fun projects. I should have mine do something like that...just without markers!

Your kiddies look so cute! :)

Aly said...

I'm tellin' ya motherhood just gets better and better! Family Fun magazine is my very favorite! I have stopped ordering it though because their website ROCKS! www.familyfun.com It is packed with endless possibilities to keep them entertained!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

So much fun! Lilla loves craft time too, and we have barely done any of it in the last few months since I've felt so blah. I did promise her a turkey or Indian craft this week though. There are bajillions of sites on the web that have terrific kids crafts on them so I was doing some research last night and I think we've got some fun coming our way!

Cute turkeys by the way!!

Dean and Rachel said...

What a great idea! You're such a good mom