Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Raspberries for Wendy's Girl

I have been holding on to a couple of blanket pictures until I was able to deliver them to their receivers before I shared them with all of you! This beauty was created for one of my life long friend's first baby. I am so excited that she will soon have this new addition since children can be so much fun, congrats!!

It actually took me a long time to do this pattern since it was the last one that my mom worked on before she passed away. I've held on to that one, unfinished and all, in case I have another daughter in the future (being that it's pink), but I'm glad I finally got over the lump in my throat... turns out I LOVE this one!

9 comments:

Chellie said...

WOW. That is TOO cute for words! Do you sell blankets like this? My MIL knitted a blanket for Scarlet, but I've never seen a knitted blanket looks so cute with a ribbon and a darling applique.
You are officially my idol.

Anonymous said...

Hey princess you done it again, you just keep amazing me.
Love you, Dad

Aly said...

You have an absolutely amazing talent!! Annie still has the blanket that you made for her when she was born!! It is one of my favorites...pink, purple, and white!! It has always sat folded up at the end of her bed!! It matched her bedroom perfectly!! You are just as amazing as your mom was!!

tami and todd said...

aly - I'm glad you still have that blanket, it always makes me feel good to know that my creations are being well used... plus that was one of my firsts!

chel - thanks so much for the compliments, I thought of your daughter's cute room when I picked out that ribbon! I actually do sale my blankets on etsy, but none are up right now, I'm working on inventory. By the way, it's crochet that I do, haven't learned knitting yet.

and Dad - I love you too!

Kolbi Young said...

Tami, you do have so many talents. I want one just like this pattern, okay? (Obviously when I have a baby;) I'll let you know the colors....(no, that is not an announcement!- haha)
Nice work!

Suzanne said...

Tami, you did an amazing job! I love how you put the ribbon in it. What a nice final touch! :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I can see why you would hold on to it, that is fabulous! And a great way to honor your mom too!

Chellie said...

Right.. I knew it was crocheting... my sister is a knitter and I always call it crochet and she gets mad at me. :) From a non-crocheter and non-knitter, I get all confused thinking it's all the same, but I realize it is different.

Just so you know... I'd be interested in a little something, so when you get inventory up and if it matches... I'll be the first to order it!! :)

Wardles said...

You have an amazing talent Tami! Beautiful blankets. I wish I could do things like that.