Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Spotlight

Word World - I am LOVING this GENIUS show! It airs every weekday on PBS and is absolutely brilliant. The first time I had the kids watch it I asked Liv if she liked it. She said, "Nope, I just like my Dora show"... but guess what she asks for now when it's time to turn on "toons"? Yep, Word World. PLUS, it's got this totally awesome website: www.wordworld.com that has a handful of games that are just like the show... building words, rhyming, etc. The kids and I have so much fun playing and learning together. If only they would've come up with this twenty years ago imagine how much smarter I could be!! I am amazed at how far cartoons have come since the violent Tom and Jerry to the educational fun creations we have now (excluding how cartoons are also used to pollute minds in prime time, blah)... it's such good stuff!!

5 comments:

Chellie said...

I've never even heard of it! I'll have to check it out!

Aly said...

How fun!! My kids like that show too!! I will have to check out the website!!

Suzanne said...

I've never seen Word World, but I've heard a lot of moms talking about how good it is. I'll have to check the PBS schedule to see when it's on! :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

As we sit her watching Diego, I can't help but agree with you on how different cartoons are now that they have ones made for preschoolers. They are amazing and so educational. Word World is definitely one of the best. Lilla still isn't getting it, but I'm sure she will, great fun!

Mindy said...

Landon loves Word World too, and his other favorite is Super Why. There are a lot of educational cartoons on during the week days, but it seems like Saturdays are right back to Tom and Jerry type cartoons. Go Word World:)