Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Key

The Key by Marianne Curley was the last in the time trilogy, and what a fabulous ending it was!  It was full of excitement and twists!  Especially the very ending, but I won't say anymore, because I don't want to spoil it!  I love how Marianne writes, it's simple since it is written juvenile readers, but there is still so much imagery and anticipation!  My favorite part is all of the different views she gives you by writing first person from five different people throughout the three books.  In the first the chapters alternated between Ethan and Isabel first person.  The second was Arkarian and Isabel again.  Then for a whole new flavor the last book, The Key, was the first persons of Matt and Rochelle.  I thought that was very unique and inventive!  I've thought a lot about why I loved the book so much, it's not as though there is a great life lesson to be learned... in the end I decided it is just an intense story, so much so that I don't think I'll ever forget the feelings I had while reading it.  I felt as if I was right there with them, and I couldn't book the book down because I didn't want to just leave them hanging!  It was great!

No comments: