Monday, September 8, 2008

My Little Helper

The other day my mil decided to can peaches, and so I decided I'd help her since it sounded like quite a lot of work. Well, Gary boy saw us (Karlene, Gary [fil], and myself) cutting up peaches, and, as usual, he wanted to help out... he always wants to be part of the group and is game for whatever everyone is doing! I wouldn't let him, of course, because we were using sharp knives. But my dear hubby wouldn't let the moment pass by, so he dug through the silverware drawer until he found a dull spreader knife! This was the perfect tool because the peaches were ripe enough that even this dull deal could cut through them and then Gary could join us. Turned out to be a BIG HIT! Once Gary had joined us of course Liv wanted to, but we only had one of those knives so they had to take turns. It cracked me up - Gary got right down to business getting the job done, while Liv wouldn't touch the peach for the life of her... so she ended up just chasing the peach around the plate with the knife! My kids are such opposites and such a hoot! I love it!!

6 comments:

Aly said...

Those peaches look beautiful and so yummy! What a cute little helper!

Suzanne said...

Gary sounds like my younger son. They're so happy to help! I'm hoping my son continued to feel that way when he's a teenager! :)

Your peaches look fantastic! Yum!

P.S. I'd love to meet you sometime! Let me know when you're near the Salt Lake area! :)

Anonymous said...

Gary boy is also a great help when im working on something around the house. If I put a tool down he is sure to grab it and hold it until I need it again... though I still havent found my tape measure.

tami and todd said...

For real, honey, where IS that thing!

Dean and Rachel said...

I think it's great that you let them be involved. Looks like fun!

Chellie said...

Wow! yum! Such a good little helper!