Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Man of La Mancha

This was a fun weekend... the family gathered together in St. George to watch my father-in -law, Gary, in his first play ever! Gary married a sweet woman, Karlene, who loves to perform and has been in and directed hundreds of plays. Gary would go to all of these plays to support his wife even though it was not his first choice. When we found out that Gary had actually decided to be in one, we were so shocked and excited! So the play was The Man of La Mancha which I really enjoyed. I especially loved Don Quixote's speech at the beginning of the second act:

"Call nothing thine except thy soul.
Love not what thou art, only what thou may become.
Do not pursue pleasure or thou mayest have the misfortune to overtake it.
Look always forward. In last year's nests there are no birds.
Be just to all men, courteous to all women.
Live in the vision of the one for whom great deeds are done... "

2 comments:

A Good Husband said...

Who did he play? That is SO FUNNY!! I can't imagine Gary in a play. Awesome.

Heather said...

Super cool! I'm glad you liked it. I wish I could have come too! My parents are in St. George and I miss them horribly!