Friday, January 18, 2008

Flashback Friday

I read these questions over at Sensational Six & thought they'd make a great flashback friday. It is great to reminisce on the year past to remember all the good and learn from the bad that comes in 365 days!

  • What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Digital scrapbooking and glass bead making.
  • Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for the new year? The only resolution I remember making a resolution that in 2007 I would read the biographies of the LDS prophets (at least Joseph Smith) but that didn't happen. For the new year the only resolution I'm making is to live in the moment. To read more on this check out this post.
  • Did anyone close to you give birth? The day Gary turned one Mindy gave birth to her second son. My life-long friend, Sheena, gave birth to Kate. And Heather welcomed Hadley to her family!
  • Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately, yes. My high school sweetheart, Brian Monk, passed away in December.
  • What countries did you visit? I was able to visit Mexico by way of cruise last spring!
  • What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning how to make glass beads and potty training Liv!
  • What was your biggest failure? Succumbing to depression.
  • What was the best thing you bought? Plane tickets for our vacations. Well worth not having to drive with kids!
  • Whose behavior merited celebration? My brother-in-law, Taber, who's life was rocky but then he made the bold choice to join the Marines and has now matured into quite the young man!
  • Where did most of your money go? I swear, it all went to crayons... But also mortgage, other bills, vacation, and Liv's preschool (money well spent for sure!)
  • What song will always remind you of 2007? Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus as well as Into the Ocean and Calling You by Blue October
  • What was your favorite TV program? Samantha Who?, So You Think You Can Dance, Pushing Daisies, and Desperate Housewives
  • What was the best book you read? The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  • What was your greatest musical discovery? I still love learning how to play the violin!
  • What was your favorite film? I had a hard time racking my brain for this one, but at least one I really enjoyed was Stardust.
  • What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I went to lunch with family then had cake and ice cream with just my little family plus Dad and the boys. To read more click here.
  • What kept you sane? Many hot baths and several girls night outs including beading nights and institute with Laura.
  • What political issue stirred you the most? Here in Utah we had the big vote on school vouchers... whether or not to give money back to families whose kids attend private schools.
  • Who do you miss? Of course, my mom... it doesn't seem to get easier over time, unfortunately.
  • Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2007? To live in the moment... which is why it's my new year resolution!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Fun stuff! I feel honored to be in your post!