Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rebel Angels

I loved this book, Rebel Angels by Libba Bray, it more than makes up for the climax that was lacking from The Great and Terrible Beauty (now that I understand it's a trilogy it makes a whole lot of sense). The whole book was jammed pack with action! I love the two lives that Gemma is living and all that is involved in each of them. Although, sometimes I wonder... if times doesn't move in this world while they're in the realms why didn't they just go there, take care of business, then move on? Often times they put it off, and that just doesn't make sense to me. Well, except that it is a terrifying experience. I love the Victorian era's etiquette. It is to the extreme, but I feel like etiquette is a fading attribute these days and that makes me sad. I think what I love most about the book is that it combines two of my favorite book settings... magical realms and the 1900s, fantasy and reality of beautiful times. I loved it & can't wait to read the last book!

No comments: