Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Book of a Thousand Days

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale was a tough one to get into after reading Jodi Picoult, because it's written from the view of a teenage girl's diary. Yet in the end I really loved the story! I had a hard time while Dashti, the maid, and her lady were in the tower because I wanted them to bond more than they were. But the book kept me guessing and that is what intrigued me the most! Plus, the love story, the innocence of it all was sweet and heart wrenching. I recommend it to anyone needing a quick, fun, book full of twist and turns! The only thing that has disappointed me about Shannon Hale is that I learn, in the end, that the stories are just retellings. It's good I don't previously know, the stories, though, because I fall in love with them from Hale's telling. Yet it takes the uniqueness out of them.

1 comment:

Em said...

I LOVED this book!!! I'm so glad that you found it good too!